Jollof rice. Because Jollof Rice is Bae, and much loved South of the Sahara and along the coast of West Africa. Spiced and stewed in a flavorful tomato broth , it is everything from "everyday" to celebration. Jollof rice is a very common dish prepared in many African countries and each recipe differs I specifically prepare the Nigerian party jollof rice which I still feel is one of the best recipes out there.
Jollof Rice - Easy, flavorful and perfectly cooked African classic dish Jollof rice both made completely in the oven and on stovetop. Perfect for regular nights or special occasions! Hey people, its nearly Christmas time! You create toasting scorch Jollof rice testing 17 program and 4 moreover. Here is how you do the trick.
process of Jollof rice
- Prepare 3 cups of basmati rice (170g).
- Prepare 4 1/2 cup of water (250ml).
- It's 750 g of chicken breast.
- Prepare 1 of large onion.
- You need 2 of medium fresh tomatoes.
- It's 1 of red bell pepper.
- It's 140 g of tomato paste.
- You need 1 cup of boiled green peas.
- Prepare 2 1/4 cup of diced fresh carrots.
- You need 1/2 tbs of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tbs of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tbs of chili powder.
- It's 1/2 tbs of garlic powder.
- It's 1/2 tbs of ginger powder.
- It's 1/2 tbs of dried thyme leaves.
- It's 1 tsp of Jollof rice seasoning.
- Prepare 15 g of chicken stock cube.
Time for us to overeat and over indulge on beautiful tasty foods. Ghanaian Jollof Rice By Tei Hammond. Add the rice, mixed vegetables, and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and cover the pot with foil and a lid.
Jollof rice process
- Prepare the chicken stock by seasoning with salt, cayenne pepper powder,chicken stock cube, some water and cook until it’s tender. Take out the chicken and grill in the oven..
- Pulse the tomatoes, bell pepper and onion into a food processor and blend to purée. Pour the mixture in a heated pan and allow to cook for about 15 minutes on low heat, stirring frequently when it’s almost dried off and to avoid burning. Add the tomato paste, stir for about 5 minutes and turn off..
- Wash the rice twice and put in a pot on a stove top. Add the stipulated amount of water, cover and cook for 12 minutes only(parboiling). Drain the water and rinse off twice under running water, then set aside..
- Pour the chicken stock in the tomato pot and allow to boil on low heat. Add the rice and stir well, cover and leave for 2 minutes on high heat. Add the carrot and stir, reduce to low heat and allow to simmer for 10 minutes. Add the cooked peas and stir, turn off the heat and allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving with the grilled chicken. You can enjoy the dish with some fresh salads..
All about the beautiful Africa we hardly share with the rest of the world. The Nigerian rice recipe discussed here is the classic Nigerian Jollof Rice prepared at parties. This is the most popular Nigerian rice recipe. This is why you will always see it in parties. A successful batch of jollof rice requires a few key ingredients (tomatoes, peppers, onions, a few herbs, spices and some stock) and a perfect sauce-to-rice ratio, so the cooked grains remain separate.