Black Sticky Rice Congee. Congee is such a comforting dish, real warming, nourishing food. It's so easy to make, takes next to no effort. You can go the Asian route, or totally mix things up and add Mediterranean flavours to top.
Here are three ways to cook this classic dish. Congee is essentially a rice porridge made by boiling rice in a great deal of water until it breaks down into a puddinglike consistency. Congee is a savory rice porridge that is a breakfast staple in China. You accomplish grilling brown Black Sticky Rice Congee employing 9 receipt moreover 7 along with. Here you go arrive.
technique of Black Sticky Rice Congee
- Prepare 200 grams of black sticky rice.
- It's 2 of pandan leaves.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of sugar or as desired.
- It's of Some salt.
- You need as needed of Water.
- You need of Coconut Milk Sauce:.
- It's 300-350 ml of thin coconut milk.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1 of pandan leaf.
Served with all manner of toppings and condiments, from cooked chicken or Either short- or long-grain rice can be used in congee, but we love the striking appearance and mildly sweet, nutty flavor of congee made from Chinese Black. Two Types of Rice for Congee: Black Rice and Sticky Rice. None of us really thought of the possibility of having hundreds of different Cantonese congee Rice is the most commonly utilized ingredient in all kinds of porridge all over the world, including Cantonese congee. This is probably why congee is.
Black Sticky Rice Congee one at a time
- Wash the sticky rice thoroughly. Then soak in some water for 4-6 hours until they expand. Throw away the water..
- Add the rice in a pan then add some water. Should be covered in water (twice the amount of water is good)..
- Then add the sugar and salt as well as pandan leaves. Mix evenly..
- Then simmer until they thicken..
- Turn of the heat when it is cooked..
- To make the sauce: simmer everything until cooked..
- To serve, put the congee in a bowl then add the coconut milk. Enjoy!.
Black sticky rice, a delicious whole-grain alternative to white rice, is purplish black in color and has a chewy texture. This recipe gives you a simple method for how to make black sticky rice. Look for it in natural-foods stores in the bulk department or with other whole-grain rice. Sticky rice is eaten everywhere in Vietnam and the black-hued variety is best-known boiled, sweetened and served as a pudding. Essentially a rice pudding, we've added flourishes of shaved coconut and palm sugar in this recipe.