A new twist on patty pan squash. Patty pan or scallop squash is a tender summer squash, like zucchini, with a unique shape and nutty flavor. Learn how easy they are to grow and enjoy. Patty pan squash also makes great little edible serving bowls.
Cheesy, garlicky, and loaded with vegetables (both inside and out), this stuffed patty pan squash will quickly become a new family favorite. Patty pan squash is versatile and makes for some delightful summer recipes. This easy recipe uses shallots and herbs and is a wonderful side dish. You get ready grilling brew A new twist on patty pan squash using 17 instructions and 3 than. Here you go put it over.
process of A new twist on patty pan squash
- It's 1 of patty pan squash.
- Prepare of .
- Prepare 1 tsp of different dried spices:.
- Prepare of oregano.
- It's of hungarian sweet paprika.
- Prepare of chervil.
- You need of dried garlic and onion.
- It's of thyme.
- It's of rosemary.
- Prepare of tarragon.
- It's of cumin seed ground.
- You need of ground black pepper.
- You need of kurkuma or curry spice mix.
- It's 3 of fresh eggs.
- Prepare 100 g of flour.
- It's of sunflower oil for frying.
- It's 100 g of bread crumbs.
Some say these little squashes look like Scottish tams. The patty pan is small, round and flat, with edges that resemble an alien spacecraft. See more ideas about Pattypan squash, Squash recipes, Patty pan squash recipes. We've rounded up the all-time best patty pan squash recipes out there.
A new twist on patty pan squash modus operandi
- Slice the peeled squash in hamf centimeter thick slices and salt it plus add the spices to it and let it rest for around 30 mins..
- Put the slices in flour then the mixed eggs, then in breadcrumbs, then in the hot oil and voilá!.
- I also made half of the squash with only the spices fried in oil..
Here's how to cook patty pan squash for dinner or lunch, whether it's in a casserole, stuffed with other ingredients, and more! This roasted Patty Pan Squash recipe from Delish.com is so easy to make is the perfect side dish. Toss squash with oil on a large rimmed baking sheet. In my opinion, patty pan squash has the crisp, fresh taste of zucchini with the sweetness of yellow squash and upon my first taste of it, I decided to add it to our garden manifest. These squash can be found at farmer's markets, CSA farms, specialty grocery stores, and in our backyard!